Monday, December 7, 2009

Earthquake Of San Francisco Car Amplifiers Life After The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake?

Life after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake? - earthquake of san francisco car amplifiers

I have this project in English and need to know about the life (for the San Franciscian) after the earthquake. I also have about what to learn in Chinatown (which is) in San Francisco. Ex-aunt was in the earthquake and there was almost nothing to eat, blah, blah blah. Also, if you tell me about the earthquake in Taiwan that would be great, thanx!

3 comments:

Cathy M said...

My great-grandmother was pregnant with her first child during the earthquake. They were in Chinatown, but in Hayes Valley. Were evacuated, the Golden Gate Park, but ended up moving across the bay in Berkeley, about a year. My grandfather spent most of his life thought he was born in San Francisco and later discovered, was actually born in Berkeley.

I think there are many Internet sources. But there were, because the Chinese in San Francisco at the time, mostly men, and most do not speak English very loud, I do not know if it is written about their experiences.

I was in SF during the earthquake of 1989, but I have no idea what an earthquake in Taiwan.

tonalc1 said...

There are many links that could be examined here:

http://seismo.berkeley.edu/faq/1906_0.ht ...

Spaceball Ricochet said...

Tonalc1 Link has numerous references. In addition, for easy reading ... Wikipedia page is a good summary of the earthquake, response, reconstruction, etc. ..

Unfortunately, if you want to get first-hand here, you're lucky. Any person living during the earthquake of more than 100 years, and I think that 100 years later, not far from the Yahoo! Answers. But there are certainly many articles and reports, if you are looking for.

Post a Comment